Saturday, October 12, 2013

NaNoWrimo Prep: Book Cover (2013)


Well, it took me the greater part of an hour, but I think I have something that resembles the image in my head for this year's NaNo Novel.

I've finally decided on the title of Broken Glass with the logline, "Something twice broken can't be once repaired." I may change that later on, but for the most part, that's what I've got. The FMC's name is finally official, Cynthia Harlocke. I'm so excited!


It took forever to decide on a name that I truly loved and I think her best friend's name is shaping up to be Marcella or Marliandra, something like that. We'll see.

Anyway, that's the story behind the new cover and banner. Let me know what you think and feel free to share some of your own NaNoPrep adventures. Did you settle on a title for your NaNo? How 'bout a cover or banner? Let me know in the comments below. I'll be happy to swing by and take a look.

If you want to find me on NaNo, click here for the link to my profile. Happy weekend!
~Sara



3 comments:

Joanne Sher said...

Beautiful, Sawa! Do we get a synopsis - or a blurb, at least??? Hmmm>

Not NaNoing this year - don't have anything of that length in my head currently :D. And I'm feeling like maintaining as much of my sanity as I possibly can during the month of November.

Cheering you on, of course. But you knew THAT already!

Love, your JJ

Kristina said...

Your cover looks good, Sara! It intrigues me, which is precisely what a book cover ought to do. ^_^

I haven't decided whether to attempt NaNo this November or not. At the moment I am completely obsessed with working on my five-year-old, unfortunately untitled, and sadly unfinished futuristic novel. I will most likely continue my current course of writing and revising, with a little extra emphasis for the sake of NaNo. ^_^

Anyhow... I wish you the best of luck with your NaNo adventures, my dear! I sure it will be awesome!

Sara Harricharan said...

@JJ--Synopsis will probably come sometime in the first week. I'm still fussing with the details. The blurb will happen the usual 2 to 3rd week, I think. I like to take my time with it. LOL (but you knew that already) awww, I'll miss you this year, but I DO know what it's like to want to keep your sanity together, so *hugs*. I'm doing NaNo for some fun stress relief this year (and because I just love it. LOL). <3


@Kristina--Thank you, dear! I'm glad you like it. I worked on it for a little bit, trying to capture the image I had in my head, which is just a little bit mysterious, but a little bit obvious too--I'm glad that it intrigues. That was what I was hoping for.

Oooh--you already know my answer to this--yes! Definitely do NaNo. If only to be doing your rewrite/rough draft with the supportive NaNo community that happens in November. I know how it feels to be working and drafting and revising and never quite getting where you want to be. I'm currently stuck on my "Trial by Earth" book 4, but I'm hoping NaNo will get some creativity flowing again. Best of luck to us both, eh? Happy writing-nanoing fuzzies your way! ^_^